Most Frequently Asked Questions

Which port are we leaving from?

We depart from the Port of Miami in Miami,FL

What time should I arrive at the port?

We recommend arriving between 12:00 and 2:30 PM on the day of departure.

What is the port address?

1015 North America Way
Miami, Florida 33132

Phone:  305-347-4800

Will parking be available at the Port of Miami?

After dropping off your checked luggage at the pier terminal with the porters and cruise line representative, proceed to the appropriate parking garage for that terminal. Rates are $25 USD per day for most vehicles.

* All rates and prices are subject to change.
** Royal Caribbean is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles.

What transportation options are available to get to a Royal Caribbean departure port terminal? How do I purchase a transfer?

You may wish to purchase ground transportation to the ship. We will make transfers available for purchase from the arrival airport to the pier around 6 weeks prior to sailing. It is recommended that transfers to the port are purchased two weeks prior to sailing. Please look for information about this closer to the sailing date or contact our customer service center at (800)-624-0608. Royal Caribbean makes port transfers available during the sailing from the pier to the departure airport—please visit the RCC customer service desk onboard for assistance.You can also drive to the departure port.

Are flights included?

Guests are responsible for booking their own flights to and from Miami, FL. If you would like assistance with flights, please call our travel division at (800)-624-0608. For arrival flights, please allow adequate time to be able to arrive at the cruise terminal between 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM. It is suggested that your departure flight should be booked for 12:00 PM or later.

Is a COVID-19 vaccine required to sail?

We are committed to monitoring the cruise industry for the most important information that may pertain to our sailing in 2023.
Royal Caribbean is continually updating their COVID 19 policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all guests and crew. You may find the most up to date information on their website:


How do I purchase Travel insurance?

Travel insurance is highly recommended. The Preferred Plan offered by CSA/GEMERALi is available for purchase through the Washington Commanders Fan Cruise ticket office.To book travel insurance, give us a call at (800)-624-0608.

How do I receive my Booking ID Number and register with Royal Caribbean?

The passenger listed as ‘primary’ on your reservation will receive a booking ID number from us via email that is to be used to register with Royal Caribbean approximately two months prior to sailing.

I have a crown and anchor membership; will I get credit for this cruise?

Yes! You are welcome to call or email us with your membership number and we’ll be happy to add that to your reservation and notify the cruise line. After receiving your booking ID number and you’ve registered with the cruise line, you are also able to pass along your membership number to a Royal Caribbean representative to receive credit for the cruise.

Are gratuities included in my reservation?

Yes, room gratuities and main dining room gratuities are prepaid with your reservation.

When can I purchase drink packages/specialty dining packages/wifi packages/excursions?

Once you have received your Booking ID number (usually 60 days prior to sailing), you will then be able to log in to www.royalcaribbean.com and complete your registration. Upon completion of registration, you will then be able to start customizing your cruise by adding excursions, drink packages, specialty dining and internet packages etc. Please note that these items must be purchased directly through the cruise line and are not sold through The Commanders Fan Cruise.

What is the pricing for a single traveler?

Solo travelers are required to pay for double occupancy. However, solo travelers are only responsible for paying taxes, fees and gratuities for one person.

I am traveling with an infant/toddler, do I still need to pay full price for him or her?

Yes, in accordance with the cruise line’s guidelines, all passengers regardless of age are required to pay for participation. 3rd or 4th guests in a cabin are discounted regardless of age.

Travel Documentation & Regulations

Will I need a passport? What if I do not have a passport? Am I able to use a passport card?

While a passport book is strongly recommended, you are able to use your original birth certificate (with raised seal) in conjunction with a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license) for this cruise. If your name has changed and differs from the last name on your birth certificate, please bring your original marriage license or other proof of name change. Passport cards, Real ID’s or any other form of documentation other than what is listed above may not be used. Please note that any individuals who would need to fly out of a foreign port would not be able to do so with their birth certificate or passport card.

Can I use my birth certificate/name change documentation (marriage certificate)?

While a passport is recommended, you are able to use your original birth certificate (with raised seal) in conjunction with your photo ID (i.e. driver’s license) for this cruise. If your name has changed and differs from the last name on your birth certificate, please bring your original marriage license.

Is 6 months validity necessary when using my passport for this cruise?

It is recommended that your passport has at least 6 months validity, however you are still able to board the ship using your passport up to its expiration date. Please note that while you are able to use a passport that expires within 6 months of the sailing date, you will be unable to use your passport to fly out of a foreign port, should that be necessary.

What are the travel documentation requirements for children 17 years or younger? Is a passport required? Can they use their birth certificate?

Passports are strongly recommended, however, the child can use their original birth certificate (with raised seal), no other documentation is necessary. However, in the event that the child’s guardian must stay in port in an emergency situation, the child will be unable to fly back to the U.S. using his or her birth certificate. A passport is strongly recommended for this reason.

* Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.